Why is it Important to Learn to Swim?
Swimming is a sport that builds overall fitness and improves coordination, balance, and also enhances self-esteem and self-confidence. Learning to swim and practicing water safety will give children a lifetime of invaluable skills.
Aquatics International reports that “a new study substantiates what aquatic professionals have long believed…The findings indicate that formal swim training could reduce drowning risk in children ages 1-4 by more than 85%.”
Top 5 reasons why I love swimming at the YWCA! By Chloe, Age 4
1. They use the sun to make the pool warm!*
2. I love my teachers!
3. I can jump off the diving board by myself!
4. My daddy is happy that I know how to be safe around the water!
5. Swimming helps keep me healthy and strong!
* The YWCA has a solar-heated pool.
Our next session of swim lessons begins the first Monday of every month. New participants can go to our website for more info.